VirtualDub is a free software application from the Multimedia Creation Tools subcategory, part of the Audio & Multimedia category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2009-07-19. The program can be installed on N/A.
VirtualDub is a video capture/processing utility for 32-bit and 64-bit Windows platforms, licensed under the GNU General Public License (GPL). It lacks the editing power of a general-purpose editor such as Adobe Premiere, but is streamlined for fast linear operations over video. It has batch-processing capabilities for processing large numbers of files and can be extended with third-party video filters. VirtualDub is mainly geared toward processing AVI files, although it can read (not write) MPEG-1 and also handle sets of BMP images. Features of the application include:
- Fractional frame rates. Don't settle for 29 or 30 when you want 29.97.
- Optimized disk access for more consistent hard disk usage.
- Create AVI2 (OpenDML) files to break the AVI 2GB barrier and multiple files to break the FAT32 4GB limit.
- Integrated volume meter and histogram for input level monitoring.
- Real-time downsizing, noise reduction, and field swapping.
- Verbose monitoring, including compression levels, CPU usage, and free disk space.
- Access hidden video formats your capture card may support but not have a setting for, such as 352x480.
- Keyboard and mouse shortcuts for faster operation. To capture, just hit F6.
- Clean interface layout: caption, menu bar, info panel, status bar.
VirtualDub (version 1.9.10) is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 1157 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.